Memorial Hospital East wants your stay with us to be as pleasant as possible.
Our attention is focused on you, and meeting your needs is our first objective. It’s all part of our mission to provide exceptional care and compassionate service.
Upon admission, you will receive an identification bracelet. It is vital in assisting Memorial’s personnel in correctly identifying you.
Your care providers should ask you your name and date of birth before you are given medications, treatments, or procedures, and they will make sure your answer matches your ID band. It is okay to remind your care providers if that is not done.
If you have eyeglasses, contact lenses, dentures, or a hearing aid, please keep these items in the bedside table when not in use.
Because of fire and safety hazards and accreditation standards, personal electrical equipment is not permitted at the hospital. Exceptions include electric razors and blow dryers. Battery-operated items are permitted. We are not responsible for lost personal items.
We ask that you leave large amounts of money, credit cards, and valuables at home. If this is not possible, please ask your nurse to have them deposited in the hospital vault. Memorial Hospital is not responsible for money or valuables kept in your room.
We ask that you not record or photograph patients, staff, employees, medical staff, or visitors without their permission.
The call button on your bedside control signals the nurses’ station. Press the button, and when your call is answered, state your request in a normal speaking voice. The TV remote control and overhead light controls are also located on your bedside control. Your nurse will demonstrate how the controls work.
Memorial offers a variety of equipment to meet the needs of patients with communication barriers. Please express your communication needs to staff so that we can provide accommodations to you during your stay.
A complimentary copy of the local newspaper is available upon request Monday through Sunday. Newspapers also can be purchased in the Gift Shop.
There is a telephone in each inpatient room at Memorial Hospital East.
- For any telephone assistance, dial “0.”
- Family members and friends can call your room phone directly between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. Just dial “607-3” plus your three-digit room number. For example, the telephone number in room ME515 is 607-3515.
- For the ICU rooms, just dial “607-32” and the two-digit room number. For example, the telephone number in room MEICU01 is 607-3201.
- Your family and friends may dial the main hospital phone number at (618) 607-1000, and the hospital operator will direct the call to your room.
To allow uninterrupted sleep, outside calls made to patient rooms between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m. are routed to Memorial Hospital East’s main switchboard.
Nursing Unit Phone Numbers
|3rd Floor Nurses’ Station||607-3300|
|4th Floor Nurses’ Station||607-3400|
|5th Floor Nurses’ Station||607-3500|
- To place local calls, dial 9 and then the local number. For 800 or long distance calls, please dial 0 for the operator; they will place those calls for you.
- Telephone equipment for the hearing or sight impaired is available. If you need this equipment, please contact our nursing staff. They will make arrangements to accommodate your needs.
Memorial Hospital East provides flat screen televisions for patient enjoyment. Additionally, the TIGR solution is available. TIGR is an on-demand patient education system that provides custom health education and hospital information to the patient. It is available on the “home” TV screen and can be accessed by dialing 21111 on the in-room phone. Please ask your nurse if you need assistance with the system.